Senior Group Term Life Insurance - Plan Details
Available exclusively to Full-Time, Part-Time, and Retired Federal Government Employees age 50 through 74 and their Spouses age 45 to 74.
Coverage amount choices of $10,000, $25,000, or $50,000.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Current/Retired Federal Employee is not required to be actively at work to apply for coverage.
- Current/Retired Federal Employee applicant must be able to perform daily living activities and satisfy Simplified Issue underwriting.
- Current/Retired Federal Government Employee does not need to apply for their Spouse to be able to apply for coverage.
- Current/Retired Federal Employee Spouse must be able to perform daily living activities and satisfy Simplified Issue underwriting.
- Incontestability – Any amount of insurance which has been in force for two years during your lifetime will not be contested except for non-payment of premiums.
- Portability – Coverage is not tied to your Federal career and/or your current employer. You and/or your spouse can take this coverage with you if you change employers or move.
- Accelerated Life Benefits – Early payout is possible if an insured is under age 75 and has a life expectancy of 12 months or less at the time of diagnosis. The early payout can be from 25% to 75% of the life benefit depending upon the choice of the insured.
- Conversion – If coverage ends for any reason other than non-payment of premiums, the insured may apply for a conversion policy of life insurance.
- 30-Day Free Look – When you receive your Certificate of Insurance, read it carefully. If you're not completely satisfied with the terms of your new insurance plan, simply return your Certificate within 30 days and any premium paid will be refunded. No questions asked.
- Funeral Planning* – Wright insureds have no cost access to ING Funeral Planning & Concierge Services. These services provide an opportunity to discuss and obtain information from independent experts. These professionals can assist in funeral planning for insureds and eligible family members. Click here for details. This product is not available in all states.
- Travel Assistance** – ING Travel Assistance offers eligible Wright insureds and their spouses four types of services when they are traveling more than 100 miles from home (domestically or internationally): Emergency Transportation Services, Medical Assistance Services, Emergency Personal Services, and Pre-trip information. Click here for details. This product is not available in all states.
A death benefit will not be paid due to death as a result of suicide (while sane or insane) within 2 years of the date insurance coverage starts.
Benefit Reduction Schedule
Coverage reduces to 50% of initial face amount at age 75, to 25% at age 80, to $2,500 at age 85.
Coverage does not terminate due to age.
The Civil Service Employee Benefit Association (CSEBA) is the group policyholder of this insurance program. CSEBA makes available voluntary risk management products and services, other voluntary benefits, and educational services to current and former federal employees. Wright USA acts as the program administrator for CSEBA.
Right to change benefits, rates or terminate the plan
Changes to the group policy are subject to agreement between the group policyholder (CSEBA) and ReliaStar Life. CSEBA or ReliaStar Life may terminate the plan on any premium due date with advance notice. Rates may be changed by ReliaStar Life on any premium due date and on any date which benefits are changed, but only on a class-wide basis. For example a class is a group of insureds with the same age or gender.
Eligible Applicant Age is determined as of October 1 this year. Rates increase as you enter a new 5-year age bracket and are based on the coverage amount in effect as of October 1 each year.
6110 Parkland Boulevard
Cleveland, Ohio 44124-4187
E: firstname.lastname@example.org USA Insurance Plan
Plan Underwritten by:
ReliaStar Life Insurance Company
Minneapolis, MN 55440
ReliaStar Life Insurance Company is licensed/authorized to transact business in all states except New York. ReliaStar Life's state of domicile is Minnesota, and NAIC ID# is 67015.
This Web site provides brief descriptions of insurance plans offered and is not a contract. Complete terms, conditions, definitions, exclusions, limitations, and renewability requirements are detailed in the Group Policy issued to the Group Policyholder. Each insured will be provided a Certificate of Insurance that summarizes policy provisions affecting his/her coverage.
* Funeral Planning and Concierge services provided by Everest Package, LLC, Houston, TX 77056. This product is not available in all states.
**ING Travel Assistance services are provided by Europ Assistance USA, Bethesda, MD 20814. This product is not available in all states.
Insurance provided by ReliaStar Life Insurance Company, a member of the ING family of companies. Home and Administrative Offices: Minneapolis, Minnesota. Policy form LP00GP.